This release fixes known security vulnerabilities. You should upgrade as soon as possible.
More information at tails.boum.org
- Add a Don’t Show Again button to the security notification when starting Tails in a virtual machine.
Changes and updates
- Update Tor Browser to 10.0.9.
- Update Thunderbird to 78.6.0.
- Update Linux to 5.9.15. This should improve the support for newer hardware (graphics, Wi-Fi, etc.).
- Fix support for the Ledger hardware wallets in Electrum. (#18080)
- Fix sharing mobile data, also called USB tethering, on iOS 14 or later. (#18097)
- Clarify the error message when starting from a USB stick that is too small. (#18073)
For more details, read our changelog.
None specific to this release.
See the list of long-standing issues.
What’s coming up?
Tails 4.16 is scheduled for February 23.
Have a look at our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Don’t have Tails? View our installation guide here.